Monday 31 October 2016

More mistakes (Spanish version included)

Some typical mistakes happen when people use the personal or object pronouns or even when they use the possessive adjectives.

Let's have a look at them:

The personal pronouns (I, you, he, she , it, we, you, they) are always the subject of the sentence (they start the sentence) and they are followed by a verb: "I eat apples", or "He and I are good friends".

Let's see the mistake made in the picture below:


In the picture it is used an object pronoun ("me") instead of a subject one ("I"), which is incorrect.

Object pronouns (me, you, him, her, it, us, you, them) are used as an indirect object, and they always follow a verb or a preposition. They can't be used as subjects of the sentence, as they don't perform the action, they receive the action: "He gave me a present" or "I'm worried about you".

And finally, we'll see the misuse of the possessive adjectives (my, your, his, her, its, our, your, their):


In this case, the possessive adjective "your" can't be used, as this kind of adjectives indicate possession and they are always followed by a noun (in this case there is an adjective "stupid"). The correct way in this picture would be "you're or you are", this is, a subject pronoun followed by a verb.

- SPANISH VERSION:

Ocurren algunos errores típicos cuando la gente quiere hacer uso de los pronombres personales u objeto, e incluso también cuando usan los adjetivos posesivos.

Vamos a verlos:

Los pronombres sujeto (I, you, he, she , it, we, you, they) son siempre el sujeto de la frase (comienzan la frase) y van seguidos de un verbo:  "I eat apples" ("Yo como manzanas"), or "He and I are good friends" ("Él y yo somos buenos amigos").

Veamos el error en la foto de abajo:


A: "Hey, me y Felicia estábamos -" 
B: "Felicia y YO"
A: "Qué eres, una especie de nazi de la gramática?"
B: "Sip"

En la foto se usa un pronombre objeto ("me") en vez de un pronombre sujeto ("I"), lo cual es incorrecto.

Los pronombres objeto (me, you, him, her, it, us, you, them) , se usan como complemento indirecto y siempre van detrás de un verbo o de una preposición. No pueden ser usados como sujeto de la frase ya que no son los que realizan la acción, si no quien la recibe: "He gave me a present"  ("Él me dio un regalo") o "I'm worried about you" ("Estoy preocupado por").

Y finalmente veremos el mal uso de los adjetivos posesivos (my, your, his, her, its, our, your, their):


"¡La vida es dura! Es incluso más dura si tu estúpido"

En este caso no se puede usar el adjetivo posesivo "your", ya que esta clase de adjetivos indica posesión y van siempre seguidos de un nombre (en este caso lo que hay es un adjetivo "stupid"). La forma correcta en esta frase sería usar "you're" o "you are" (" eres"), es decir, un pronombre sujeto seguido de un verbo.


No comments:

Post a Comment